Thursday, January 24, 2013

Never Singled Out

    Hey everyone! Hope you are all having a great week so far :) Sorry I haven't been updated like i had hoped. Don't let that stop you from checking up on my blogs though :) 
     
     I know a lot of people feel really alone when it comes to them being bullied. They feel singled out, hurt, upset, worthless, etc. Well I want you to know that you aren't and NEVER will be worthless and I never want you to feel left out, hurt, etc. Soooo, if you're comfortable with it, I think it would be awesome if you commented on this and shared your stories with everyone else. You can share how you overcame the situation(s) or you can even ask how to handle it. If you don't want to be public but you really want someone to talk to or someone to just listen to you I would absolutely love to help! You can send me an email at "haleysmith75@gmail.com" and I'll respond as quickly as I can. 
     
     Please know that you are NOT the only one. There are kids, teens and even adults that struggle through different types and stages of bullying all the time. Cutting, suicide, drugs, alcohol etc. is not the answer! It will never be the answer no matter what anyone says. I know for sure there is at lease one person that will help you in any way they can. Your school peer, brother, sister, mom, dad, aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, cousin, teacher, boss, step parent, co-workers, there is always a possibility. If you don't have any of them to talk to then you have me to talk to for sure! I want to help in any I can. My heart strives to help all of you. Even if you find that you are the bully and you want help, go talk to someone, anyone! If there's things going on at home that are making you be this way towards others or if you feel like you'll get more attention by bullying others and you know it's wrong then try to help yourself and the person being bullied. Don't continue it. Maybe hang out with a different crowd? I know that's not easy, believe me, been there, done that. Not easy at all. But it can be done, you have complete control of yourself. This goes to the bullies and the bullied: don't let someone else push you around - be 100% control of you and only you
     
     Like I said, I would love to help. Share your stories, it will benefit so many people and it could also benefit yourself. Please share this link and "http://hnoelsmith.blogspot.com/2013/01/bully-proof.html" on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, email, tell people, just please share it! Help be the difference, be sure to give every single person you see today or talk to today a compliment. Make a difference to todaySpeak up, I am.

2 comments:

  1. Haley, this is a great idea! This is an amazing way to connect to other people who struggle every day in their "normal" routines. As a first year teacher in an inner city schools, I have seen many different situations that have had kids being bullied. In one instance, I stepped in because I was able to overhear the conversation. I approached the students that were bullying and confronted them about their behavior. They actually had the nerve to stand up for themselves and say they acted this way because the kid annoyed them. I watched as this student was almost in tears because of the hurtful things his peers were saying to him.

    I have also found a student who was trying to physically hurt herself because of things being said to her from other students. Talk about heartbreaking. I never thought I would see all of this happen, but it is all right in front of me now. It is painful to see how some kids can act so harsh towards each other. We may never know why kids act this way, but we can take steps to make people aware help tose that need it.

    Again, I think this is great and it has inspired me to do more in the school to stop bullying. Thank you so much for your caring heart!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely the kind of things I'm looking for and wanting to hear! I'm very sorry to hear about those children and I hope they can come to someone about it. I'll pray for that student who has tried to physically hurt herself and for all the others. Thank you very much for sharing and for caring!!

      Delete