Monday, January 21, 2013

Bully Proof

     Calling her ugly won't make you beautiful. Calling him gay won't make you straight. Calling him dumb won't make you smart. Calling her fake won't make you real. Please don't bully, it won't solve your own problems.
     
     Hey guys! So I am obviously doing a blog about bullying, psh, no kidding. I originally had this idea years ago to make a whole website on anti-bullying but never seemed to get around to it. Blogging seems to be more popular anyways so it all works out. Just so you all can basically grasp as to why I'm even doing this I'm going to share my own personal experience with bullying. Growing up in elementary school I always had a couple of best friends. There was a certain few who I always fought with but we somehow still considered each other as "best friends"... weird, I know. At a younger age my best friend was really gorgeous, funny,  flirty, and seemed to be great at everything. As we started getting a little older she started changing quite a bit. People were constantly laughing at her jokes, which in my opinion, weren't jokes. Her "jokes" consisted of mean and rude comments about other people, and I felt like one of her easiest targets, was me. I will admit I was not the cutest little kiddo out of the bunch. I had some pretty bright red hair, crooked teeth, and glasses with flowers on the side. I wasn't "fit" like all of the athletic kids were. She could come up with anything she possibly could to call me out on. Literally, anything. I remember when I had gotten new glasses and they were brown and shimmery. She was so desperate for the attention to where she made fun of me for having sparkles on my glasses. My winter coat, my shoes, my "non-makeup face", my freckles, my birthmark on the inside of my leg, and the freckle on my neck gave her every reason to bully me every single day. I came home pretty much every day dreading to go back to school the next day. It even got to the point to where they called in the school counselor to come and talk to our class. After the counselor talked to us, she took it all as a big joke and continued on and on with it. Fifth grade couldn't have ended sooner.
     
     I will say this - I got the very lucky end of the deal. Every time I turn around there's a story about a kid committing suicide because of how they felt after being bullied. The names, the rapes, the fights, the everything that happens to kids in our society is pathetic. It makes us look down right awful. I can't fathom what other kids go through. Let them make C's instead of B's. Let them ride a skateboard instead of hitting a baseball. Let them wear shorts that go down to their knee instead of having them ride up their crack. Let them be them and let you be you. We have all been hurt before, so think about how your actions will affect someone else.
     My heart is really craving to make a huge difference and I am beyond determined to do so. I could really use YOUR help though! Share this link with everyone you know. I'm going to try my best to make it possible for people who don't have internet to be able to read my blogs. Be sure to give every single person you see today or talk to today a compliment. Make a difference to today. Speak up, I am.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad someone actually cares. Other than myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year for my English paper I did I paper on cyberbullying and bullying in general. People don't realize how much this happens. I have been bullied so much since around 4th grade. It is hard but cites like this help me and others feel that there is others that care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you approach these different scenarios and you care about all of this bullying.. not many people care about the fact that people get bullied everyday, nobody seems to step up. Your blog is very uplifting to see that someone is actually there for the people who are having the same problems as you did, and I did, and many other..letting them know that they are not alone is awesome. I love your blog (: Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have bullyed in the past, I have had a lot of problems like the ones in your story and this is an amazing thing that you're doing because if people are getting bullied it would make them feel like they're not alone. I know when I was going through a hard time I would have felt better knowing other people have been through this, and hearing other peoples stories would have made me feel so much better knowing that they got through it. You're truely doing an amazing thing!

    ReplyDelete